Pavement Licence

Pavement licences allow the licence-holder to place removable furniture over certain highways adjacent to their premises. You do not need a pavement licence to place tables and chairs on your own premises, e.g. in car parks, garden areas etc.

Premises which are used for either of the following may apply for a pavement licence:

  • a public house, wine bar or other drinking establishment; or
  • for the sale of food or drink for consumption on or off the premises.

To apply for a pavement licence you will be required to register for an account with us via Self Service portal.

All pavement licences must comply with these standard Pavement Licence Conditions. If you don’t comply with these conditions we can take action to remove furniture from the highway and/or revoke your pavement licence. 


 01246 242424
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.