Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit can help you pay your rent if you are unemployed, on a low income or are claiming benefits. We provide a ‘full service’ Universal Credit area and therefore we are no longer able to accept a new claim for Housing Benefit unless you meet one of the following criteria:

  • You have reached state pension age; or
  • You are living in supported, sheltered or temporary housing

If you live with a partner, you can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if either:

  • You and your partner have both reached state pension age; or
  • One of you has reached state pension age and started claiming Pension Credit (for you as a couple) before 15 May 2019

To make a claim, please visit our Self Service portal.

If none of the above criteria apply to your circumstances, and you need help to meet your housing costs, please refer to our Universal Credit page for further guidance.



 01246 242436
 01246 242438 (Landlord Hotline)
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.