It is very important that you check the details contained within any letter that you receive from us regarding your Housing Benefit. You should let us know if any are incorrect or if you want the decision explained or looked at again.
If you think the decision made on your Housing Benefit claim is wrong you have the following options:
- You can request a written statement of the reasons for this decision. You must request this, in writing, within one calendar month of the date on your letter; or
- You can request that the decision be looked at again and a reconsideration made by a Senior Officer. You must request this, in writing, within one calendar month of the date on your letter; or
- You can appeal against the decision and have your case heard by HM Courts & Tribunals Service. You must request this, in writing, within one calendar month of the date on your letter.
Please make it clear in your letter which option you are requesting and send your request to our Benefits Section, Bolsover District Council, The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Derbyshire S43 4JY.
Upon receipt of any request for reconsideration or appeal we will check your claim thoroughly and take account of any more information you have provided with your written request. We could then:
- Change our decision and pay you more benefit;
- Change our decision and pay you less benefit; or
- Decide the decision is already correct and therefore make no changes.
In any of the above cases we will write to you to let you know what we have decided and the reasons for the decision.