Change of Circumstances

You must tell our Benefits Section in writing, within one calendar month of any change that affects entitlement to Housing Benefit. Some examples of changes that we will need to know about include:

  • increases in your or your partner's income/savings,
  • if someone leaves or joins your household, and
  • any changes in the amount of rent you pay.

You may lose entitlement if you do not tell us within these timeframes. If you are overpaid Housing Benefit because you did not tell us about any changes straightaway you will have to repay the overpaid amount.



 01246 242436
 01246 242438 (Landlord Hotline)
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.