Temporary Road Closure

A Temporary Road Closure Order is needed for any event which may stop the flow of traffic on the public highway within the Bolsover District, for example, Galas, Parades, Christmas Markets, Fun Runs, etc. The orders are made by us following consultation with Derbyshire County Council and the relevant emergency services.

Applications need to be submitted at least three calendar months before the date of the event and accompanied by a detailed plan showing the length of roads to be closed and the diversion route. An application can be made using the Temporary Road Closure application form, there are also conditions outlined by Derbyshire County Council that need to be adhered to.

Please submit your application direct to: Rebecca Rowley, Legal Support Officer. Tel: 01246 242428 or email.

You can keep up to date with the latest planned and active road closures across Derbyshire.

Planning a street party to celebrate the Queens Jubilee? 

In the run up to the Queens Jubilee celebrations if you are considering planning a street party to celebrate the occasion with your neighbours then you may require a temporary road closure order.

If you require any roads to be closed whilst you are holding your event then you will need to submit an application for a temporary road closure order which can be done using the links above.

Please be advised that all applications need to be submitted at least eight-weeks prior to your proposed event. Failure to adhere to this timeframe will result in permission being refused and you will not be able to hold your street party.


 01246 242424
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


No specific documents


No specific links