There is a new PSPO in place for Footpath 18 in Shirebrook and it will be in place until 3 March 2026. The areas covered by the Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) which imposes restrictions on people using public spaces in this area, namely:
- This Order shall come into operation on Friday 3 March 2023 and shall have effect for a period of 3 years thereafter, unless extended by further orders under Bolsover District Council’s (“the Council”) statutory powers.
- The Restricted Area – this Order relates to the area commonly known as Footpath 18, to the rear of Sookholme Road, Shirebrook as marked A to B and shown coloured red on the plan at Schedule 1 - “the Restricted Area”
- The Activity – the Council is satisfied on reasonable grounds that there are a number of activities, carried out or likely to be carried out in the public space, namely the Restricted Area, that have had, or are likely to have, a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality. The effect or likely effect of these activities is of a persistent or continuing nature such as to make these activities unreasonable, and justifies the restrictions imposed by this order.
- The Prohibition - In exercise of its powers under sections 59 and 64 of the Act the effect of this Order is to prohibit access and restrict the public right of way, other than to those listed in Schedule 2, over the Restricted Area at all times. This Order authorises the installation of fencing/barriers/gates which will enforce the Prohibition.
- Failure to comply with this Order – Criminal Offence – Any person failing to comply with this Order will be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale pursuant to section 67 of the Act. Alternatively a Fixed Penalty Notice may be issued by an Authorised Officer or Constable.
- Definitions – for the Purpose of this Order: “The Act” means the Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014 “Authorised Officer” means a person authorised by the Council
- Appeals – if any interested person wishes to question the validity of this Order on the grounds that the Council did not have the power to make the Order or that a requirement under the Act has not been complied with, then they may apply to the High Court within 6 weeks of the date this Order is made.