The Council Tax that you pay is used to help finance the services provided by not only Bolsover District Council but also by the following authorities:
- Derbyshire County Council
- Derbyshire County Council - Adult Social Care
- Derbyshire Police Authority
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
- Parish Councils (if applicable)
The Council Tax is then calculated after taking into account the grants received from Central Government. Council Tax is charged for every property within the District. There is one bill per household and Council Tax is all due and payable on 1 April each year. You can pay over 10 monthly instalments, but legislation also allows for 12 monthly instalments. To request this you must apply to us either in writing or by email.
The accompanying documentation for 2022-23 bills, including the relevant leaflets are below:
- Council Tax additional information 2022-2023
- Derbyshire County Council - Council Tax 2022-2023
- Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner - Council Tax 2022-23
- Armed Forces 2022
- Council Tax Energy Rebate
When contacting us please be aware that we can only discuss an account with the person named on the bill. If you want someone else to be able to contact us on your behalf please request a Third Party Authorisation form from us.