The Council Tax that you pay is used to help finance the services provided by not only Bolsover District Council but also by the following authorities:
- Derbyshire County Council
- Derbyshire County Council - Adult Social Care
- Derbyshire Police Authority
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
- Parish Councils (if applicable)
The Council Tax is then calculated after taking into account the grants received from Central Government. Council Tax is charged for every property within the District. There is one bill per household and Council Tax is all due and payable on 1 April each year. You can pay over 10 monthly instalments, but legislation also allows for 12 monthly instalments. To request this you must apply to us either in writing or by email.
- Bolsover District Council tax Information by Revenues and Income
- Bolsover District Council tax band charges
The accompanying documentation for 2023-24 bills, including the relevant leaflets are below:
- Council Tax additional information 2023-2024
- Derbyshire County Council - Council Tax 2023-2024
- Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner - Council Tax 2023-2024
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Authority - Council Tax 2023-2024
When contacting us please be aware that we can only discuss an account with the person named on the bill. If you want someone else to be able to contact us on your behalf please request a Third Party Authorisation form from us.