We have produced an Equality Plan and Objectives 2023-2027 which outlines our approach to equalities, our workforce profile and our equality objectives.
We have also produced our latest review of the Single Equality Scheme Review 2021-2023. This review document reflects the key achievements which we fulfilled during the review period.
The scheme sets out how we meet our equality duties under the Equality Act 2010 and measures and actions on how we address and improve on the requirements.
Under the Act, we are required to have due regard to in consideration of the following duties:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
We are also required to set equality objectives. Our equality objectives for 2019-2023 are set as:
- Everyone can access our services, facilities and information
- Decision making and services take into account the needs of residents and communities
- Discrimination, harassment and hate crime is not tolerated
- Our workforce, and workforce policies, support equality