Supplier invoices will be processed centrally, whether an electronic image or a paper invoice through our scanning software. Where an invoice matches the purchase order quoted, and the products, services or works have been provided, and ‘receipted’ in our system, the invoice will be automatically paid at the next available BACS run.
In order to ensure that we can process invoices quickly and efficiently, we ask that suppliers follow the requirements detailed below. Suppliers can invoice us in two ways. Our preferred method for receiving invoices is by email. If an invoice cannot be submitted electronically it must be sent to our central address only: Bolsover District Council, Finance Team, The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Derbyshire, S43 4JY.
All invoices submitted must state the Purchase Order Number and agree to the details quoted on the order; failure to do so may result in a delay or non-payment of the invoice. To allow for prompt payment all invoices must adhere to our Finance Terms and Conditions and meet the following:
- Quote a valid Council Purchase Order (PO) number
- Meet all requirements as advised by HM Revenue and Customs
- Be clearly labelled in the name of Bolsover District Council at the address provided below
- Provide the name and address of the person/organisation submitting the invoice
- Clearly state whether it is an invoice or credit note submitted
- Provide Company & VAT registration numbers where available
- Provide bank details (either on invoice or prior to submitting the invoice) as the Council will only make payment by BACS
- Cheques will only be issued in exceptional circumstances
- Provide an email address to which the remittance can be sent
- Provide contact details in case of invoice query.
- Provide clear details of the goods, services or works provided
- Have a valid invoice date (tax point date)
- Ensure all amounts are accurate and reconcile to the invoice total
- Have the correct VAT calculations (handwritten invoices in particular)
- Be clear, concise and readable
- Have the relevant supporting information attached if applicable
If the invoice contains errors, then the person or team who have raised the order will contact you to resolve any discrepancies; this may result in a request for a new invoice to be submitted. Where we are aware that invoices are invalid, incorrect or cannot be matched with a purchase order then we will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible.