Universal Credit

Universal Credit is simplifying the benefits system by combining the following six benefits and tax credits into one single monthly payment:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Working Tax Credits
  • Child Tax Credits

From April 2024, the Department for Work and Pensions is writing to some people who receive these benefits to let them know that they need to claim Universal Credit instead, to ensure they still continue receiving financial support. This letter is called a ‘Migration Notice’.

You do not need to take any action until you receive your Migration Notice letter, however when you do, it’s important you check the date that you will need to claim by as you won’t be moved automatically.

Please don’t ignore your letter as it explains what you need to do next. It also provides information on the help available to prevent you from missing out on financial support from the government. If you want some help with your Universal Credit application or you’re concerned about managing your income until you receive your first Universal Credit payment, there are different types of support available (opens in a new window).

Find out more about Universal Credit on the GOV.UK (opens in a new window) website.


 01246 242436
 01246 242438 (Landlord Hotline)
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.