Why work for the Council?
Working for the Council gives you the opportunity not only to develop your career, but also to make a difference in people's lives. We want to make Bolsover District a great place to live and do business. We have a variety of job roles and careers across a diverse range of services. Working in local government provides new challenges every day and if you are keen to develop your skills and experience, then we would like to hear from you.
We offer a range of benefits to its employees including:
- Competitive salary
- The Council is an accredited living wage employer
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible working to support your work/life balance
- Continuous Learning and Development
- Support in undertaking your job role
- Involvement in decision making
- Safe and modern work environment
- Family Friendly policies
- Access to Occupational Health and Counselling
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
- Free eye tests
- Employee discounts scheme
- Access to Council leisure facilities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free car parking
We take our duty of care to employees very seriously and have robust health and safety measures in place. We are committed to providing equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and have an established practice in place to support all our employees. For further information about working for the Council, please email the HR Team or telephone 01246 231111.