Local Plan Examination
The Local Plan for Bolsover District was submitted for Examination on Friday 31 August 2018 (see formal Notice of Submission of the Local Plan for Bolsover District).
Inspector Karen Baker DIPTP MA DIPMP MRTPI from the Planning Inspectorate was appointed by the Secretary of State to carry out the independent examination of the Local Plan for Bolsover District.
Her task was to consider whether the Local Plan has been prepared in accordance with the relevant legal requirement and if the plan is sound, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (March 2012) (the first Framework).
The Local Plan should be:
- Positively prepared:it should be based on a strategy that looks at meeting objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements. This includes; where reasonable to do so; those unmet by our neighbours. It should also be consistent with achieving sustainable development
- Justified:it should be the most appropriate strategy, when considered against reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence
- Effective:it should be deliverable and based on effective joint working with partners and neighbours; and
- Consistent with national policy:it should enable the delivery of sustainable development set out by national policy
- The Planning Inspectorate issued the Inspector’s Report to the Council on 15th January 2020 and this can be viewed below.
Louise St John Howe was appointed as the Programme Officer.
Louise is an independent officer of the Examination and worked on the Inspector’s behalf, organising and managing the administrative and procedural matters of the Examination process. The Programme Officer acted as the contact for any person who has an interest in the Examination, liaising between the Inspector, Bolsover District Council and representors.