The Met Office have issued a severe weather warning from midnight Wednesday 8 March to Friday 10 March, for spells of snow and icy patches which may cause travel disruption during Wednesday into Thursday morning and beyond. Please note that this may affect some of our services.
- Bin collections – Snow and ice can cause huge problems for our heavy refuse vehicles. We advise you to put your bin out as normal and we will collect as scheduled if we are able to. If we are unable to collect due to the severe weather then please refer to our website for more information and leave your bin at its normal collection point. The safety of our crew and local residents is of paramount importance to us.
- Contact centres – Our telephone lines will be open as normal. Depending upon the severity of the weather, it may mean that some of our outlying offices will not be staffed.
- Boilers – During extreme cold weather snaps, the boilers in our properties sometimes freeze. Please watch this video from Bolsover TV on what to do if this happens.
- Housing repairs – Housing repairs will continue as normal, but if the severity of the weather puts our housing repair operatives and local residents in danger then only emergency repairs will be carried out. Any cancelled repairs will be rescheduled.
- Housing Wardens - Our wardens will continue to check on the elderly and vulnerable during any cold or severe weather snaps.
- Contact and payments - You can continue to contact us on our main telephone number 01246 242424 or make a payment via our website or Automated Telephone Payment system on 01246 242424
We will continue to update residents and customers through our website, social media platforms and e-newsletters. For urgent enquiries please telephone 01246 242424.
Please ensure you check on elderly and vulnerable residents in your community during severe weather and more information on how to stay well and keep warm can be found on the GOV.UK website.