The gym at our Go! Active lesiure facility is to undergo a £500,000 makeover in December providing users with better and more up to date equipment.
Gym equipment has a specified life-span and ours is five-years old. So to continue providing users with the best possible experience, equipment and technology on the market, the gym is undergoing a refurbishment.
The makeover will see all gym equipment replaced with brand new machines, weights and exercise equipment as well as the provision of some additional new items of kit and a revolutionary app to track your workouts.
To allow this work to happen, we need to completely close the gym for a set period. Ordinarily refurbishments like this would take between 7-10 days, but we have to undertake some repair works to the floor where the free weights are situated, resulting in a longer closure.
We will therefore be closing the gym at 6pm on Sunday 5 December 2021 and will re-open at 8am on Monday 27 December 2021 as this is traditionally a time when gym usage is at its lowest and will cause the least disruption.
Throughout the past few years we have listened to customer comments and taken feedback on board. So, during discussions with Pulse Fitness we will be integrating some of these suggestions/comments into the new gym and its layout.
The new gym will provide the following benefits to members:
- Brand new and better equipment to help keep you fit and healthy and get the best out of your workouts.
- New flooring throughout and thicker rubbing matting in the free weights area.
- Alternative pieces of equipment will be available such as Stairmasters and bags for boxing.
- Improved technology on the CV equipment.
- A new fitness tracking and booking app called TRAKK. This will enable you to track your fitness sessions and book our group exercise classes all on one app.
We appreciate that this is a lengthy closure so if you have a gym or single inclusive* membership you can freeze this for the month of December.
*Single Inclusive Members please note that if you do freeze your membership you will not be able to use the pools, thermal suite or book classes during this period.
If you are a household member, due to the exclusivity of this deal, freezing your membership is not available.