As Covid-19 restrictions may be lifted in the coming weeks, NHS Blood and Transplant are looking for people to donate blood at local blood donor sessions in order to optimise collections over the summer months.
There are currently appointments available for Bolsover District residents on Sunday 18 July at Staveley Speedwell Room, Inkersall Road.
To put it in perspective, they need:
- Nearly 400 new donors a day to meet demand
- Around 135,000 new donors a year to replace those who can no longer donate
- 40,000 more black donors to meet growing demand for better-matched blood
- 30,000 new donors with priority blood types such as O negative every year
- More young people to start giving blood so we can make sure we have enough blood in the future
Register today and book an appointment or call 0300 123 23 23.