We are now able to offer qualitative 'face fit' testing to your employees by fully accredited Fit2Fit face fit testers.
What is qualitative face fit testing?
This is a set of breathing exercises using an approved method which can give assurance that someone’s mask fits the shape and size of their face. This ensures that the mask protects the wearer from harmful dusts, etc.
Who needs Face Fit Testing?
Individuals who may be required to wear a tight fitting face piece during the course of their work e.g.: those who may be exposed to harmful dusts, vapours and gases e.g. silica dust, asbestos fibres etc.
How long does the test take?
The test takes approximately 20 minutes. This time includes carrying out the test but also giving advice and guidance to the wearer on how best to wear and take care of the mask.
How do participants prepare for the test?
All staff who have a face fit test have to adhere to certain criteria prior to the test:
- Must be clean shaven around the area of the seal of the mask
- No eating, drinking or smoking at least 30 minutes prior to the test
- Inform the face fit tester of any relevant health issues prior to the test
- We send out full instructions prior to the test.
What happens if the above requirements are not followed?
Unfortunately we will be unable to carry out the test but you will still be charged.
Where does the test take place?
This can be at your workplace if your site is within a 20-mile radius of Bolsover District for a sufficient number of attendees or at Riverside Depot Doe Lea, Derbyshire, S44 5NY.
What should you, the customer provide?
- The face mask that you wish the person to be fitted to (purchasing various sizes is recommended).
- A well ventilated room if taking place on your site
- Adequate supply of drinking water.
What is the cost?
The cost varies on numbers of people and where the testing is taking place. Prices start at £22.50 per person but we can offer specific quotes dependent on numbers required. Please contact us for a competitive quote. Please note mileage is charged at a rate of 45 pence per mile.
Contact the Health and Safety Team