Please help us reduce the chances of vehicle theft, by taking the following actions:
- Never leave anything on display in your car; even a coat might be an invitation to a potential thief.
- Take all your belongings with you when you leave your car, particularly items like laptops. If you are unable to do this, lock them in your boot at the start of your journey.
- If you have a sat nav, remove it from view when you leave the vehicle, remove the cradle from the window and wipe marks off the screen that show one has been used.
- Locks or other visible security devices will deter potential thieves; so fit them if you can. If your vehicle is fitted with an alarm make sure it is marked saying it has one fitted.
- When you leave the car always make sure all the door are locked and the windows are shut.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended with the engine running to warm it up or defrost the windows in icy weather.
- At home, always keep your car keys in a safe place. Keep them out of sight and reach of windows and doors.