If your business provides any licensable activities such as sell alcohol, hot food and drink, or provide certain types of public entertainment, you will need a licence from us as part of the Licensing Act.
There are four types of licences which you can apply for:
- If you sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, or late night refreshment, you should apply for a Premises Licence
- If you are a club that supplies alcohol, regulated entertainment, or late night refreshment, apply for a Club Premises Certificate
- If you supply or authorise the sale of alcohol, (other than in premises having a Club Premises Certificate) then you will need to apply for a Personal Licence
- If you are organising a small scale (less than 500 people) event and intend to sell alcohol/refreshments or provide regulated entertainment, then you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN).
- Licensing Act 2003 Policy
- premises and club premises certificate newspaper notice - Template for a new premises licence application newspaper notice
- premises and club premises certificate new application - Template for new premises licence application notice to be displayed on the premises