Business grants available for businesses included on the rating list and mandated to close due to covid restrictions under:
- Tier 4 Restrictions
- National Lockdown from 5 January to 15 February 2021
- Closed Businesses Support Payment (one-off payment)
From 31 December 2020, Bolsover District was placed under Tier 4 restrictions, subsequently followed by a National Lockdown on 5 January 2021. Any businesses mandated to close from 31 December 2020 were eligible for a grant called the Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed) Addendum – LRSG (c) Addendum. Please note that these grants are still available; (Closed) refers to businesses that were mandated to close.
Businesses eligible for grants under Tier 4 and the current National Lockdown as they have been mandated to close will also automatically be entitled to a one-off 'Closed Business Support Payment'.
If you have previously received a LRSG (C) Addendum grant from us for the previous lockdown in November, you do not need to complete a further application form. Our officers are currently contacting all businesses identified as eligible for grants under Tier 4, the current National Lockdown and the one-off Closed Businesses Support Payment by telephone. Please note, you will NOT be asked to provide bank details during the call.
If you believe you are eligible and have not received contact from us by Monday 25 January 2021, please contact the Revenues Section on 01246 242490.
Tier 3 Restrictions - 2 December 2020 to 30 December 2020
Bolsover District was placed under Tier 3 restrictions from 2 December 2020 to 30 December 2020. This meant that certain businesses were mandated to close, including hospitality (with the exception of sales by takeaway, drive-through or delivery), indoor entertainment and accommodation. Please refer to the GOV.UK website for a full list of businesses mandated to close.
Businesses that were mandated to close during Tier 3 could be eligible for a Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed), and all businesses believed to have been eligible for this grant have been contacted by telephone. If you have not received any contact, please ring the Revenues Section on 01246 242490 immediately. Please note that this grant is still available; (Closed) refers to businesses that were mandated to close only.
Christmas Support Payment for Wet-Led Pubs
Further information on the one-off Christmas Support Payment for Wet-Led Pubs is available.
National Lockdown 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020
A National Lockdown came into force on 5 November 2020 until 2 December 2020. A Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed) Addendum will be paid to eligible businesses included on the Rating List who have been required to close under the national guidelines. These include non-essential retail, leisure, entertainment, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses.
Entitlement is also subject to the business having a liability for the payment of business rates. The business must have been open and trading the day before the national restrictions came into force. Businesses which are in liquidation or in the process of being dissolved will not be eligible.
Payment of the grant will be made to the registered ratepayer as held on our records as at 4 November 2020. Please note that the grant is in respect of the ratepayer only and may be liable for recovery if it is subsequently found that the recipient was not the ratepayer on the specified day, or if the premises did not fulfil the criteria for eligibility under the LRSG (C) scheme.
A single grant will be paid to each eligible business to cover the 28 day national lockdown period. Grant amounts are fixed and rates are:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 and under - £1,334
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,001 to £50,999 - £2,000
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and over - £3,000
For guidance on which businesses are required to close, please refer to the GOV.UK website. If you have already applied for this grant please do not apply again. To apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) please make sure you read the rest of this webpage and then complete our online form.
European Union laws restrict the amount of state funding businesses can receive. This includes government grants, loans or tax reductions. The Local Restrictions Support Grant count towards your state aid allocation.
For businesses eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant the state aid limit is:
- €200,000 received over a 3 year period which covers the current financial year, running from April 2020 to March 2021, and the two preceding financial years, plus
- €800,000 received over the period March 2020 to December 2020
You will not qualify for a Local Restrictions Support Grant if you were an ‘Undertaking in Difficulty’ on the 31 December 2019.
Managing the Risk of Fraud
All grant claims will be processed through a series of checks, including checks against our business rates database and checks using the Government Spotlight anti-fraud software. We reserve the right to verify/put on hold any claim to enable detailed checks to be carried out. Neither the Council, nor the Government will accept deliberate manipulation of the scheme and fraud.
Any ratepayer caught falsifying their records to gain additional grant money may face prosecution and any funding issued will be subject to clawback, as may any grants paid in error. Ratepayers should note that, where a grant is paid by us, details of each grant will be passed to government departments for data collection, monitoring, transparency and for the prevention of fraud, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Businesses that, according to our records may qualify, have been issued a letter inviting them to apply for the LRSG (C). If you have not received a letter but believe you may be eligible, please complete the application below.
If you have already applied for this grant please do not apply again. To apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) please complete our online form.
More information on these grants is available at the GOV.UK website.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) – LRSG(O)
The Local Restrictions Grant (Open) is open to businesses occupying premises in Bolsover District that are on the Business Rate Account Listing.
This grant will be prioritised for businesses that
- pay business rates to the Council or
- businesses that are on the business rates register but don’t pay business rates because they benefit from business rate relief that have remained open for business from 31 October 2020 but have been and will continue to be adversely affected by restrictions placed on their business to make their premises covid secure, or because the business relies heavily on providing goods or services to hospitality venues, hotels, bed & breakfasts, non-essential retail and leisure and event businesses, or relies heavily on earning its business from visiting embers of public to their premises.
Additional Restrictions Grant - (ARG)
The ARG is open to businesses occupying premises in Bolsover District but don’t pay business rates to Bolsover District Council because they are not listed on the Business Rate Account Listing the business is run from a home or the business occupies shared premises, for example.
This grant will be prioritised for
- hospitality, hotel, bed & breakfast and leisure and event businesses severely affected by the localised restrictions on socialising put in place to manage coronavirus and save lives; and
- businesses closely related to their supply chain, such as businesses in the weddings or events sectors, suppliers to hotels, hospitality and leisure, travel companies, and businesses that supply marketing or other media for events, hospitality or leisure businesses.