Our current Housing Allocations Policy provides a framework on how we allocate our housing stock.
The policy applies to both new applicants and existing council/social housing tenants who wish to transfer to another property and covers key areas such as:
- Who is eligible to apply for housing.
- Circumstances when people will not be considered for rehousing.
- The process of applying for housing, including ‘bidding’.
- How priority needs are assessed.
- How properties are allocated to different household sizes and circumstances.
- Household sizes.
- How to deal with cases that fall outside general guidance.
- The circumstances when different tenancies are used.
- How offers of accommodation are made.