In 2016/17 Young Voice chose to support Teenage Cancer Trust as their main project for the year. Over the last year, Youth Councillors have been busy organising a range of fund-raising activities at schools and in the community in support of the charity.
The Youth Council has been very creative in coming up with ways to raise awareness and funds, including:
- 6 hours of bag packing at a local food store
- Tombolas during lunchtimes
- Choir Singing at Dobbie’s Store
- Putting tags on a Christmas tree instead of sending Christmas cards
- Collecting donations from school staff
- Fancy dress day for Halloween
- School assemblies
- Guess the name of the teddy
- How many sweets in the jar?
- Non-uniform days