Tenant Participation is all about you! It’s about you and what you think! It's a two way process involving sharing of information and ideas, where council tenants are able to influence our policies and decisions and take part in consultation about the housing service.
We recognise that our services can be improved by talking to the people that use them and as tenants are customers of our housing service, we feel they are the best people to inform us of how the service affects them, what they like and dislike and how things could be changed or improved. By working together, both tenant and landlord can come up with ideas, which make a better quality service.
Our tenants have been working closely with us for a number of years and have already had a lot of successes, including:
- Working with councillors and staff to review the future of Council Housing
- Taking part in a review of the Tenant Compact
- Being involved in Challenge days to review the Repairs Service
- Setting standards for empty properties
- Producing a newsletter for Tenants called Homing In
- Working with housing staff to produce the Repairs Handbook
If you would like to get involved then please contact us so we can talk you through the various alternatives that are available to you.