Council house rents are reviewed annually and the changes comes into effect on the first Monday of April. We are legally obliged to give you 28 days notice of any changes to your rent.
There is a range of payment options available for you to pay your rent including:
- Over the internet - this is through our secure payments page.
- By direct debit - this is our preferred method. We currently offer payments every fortnight, 1st, 15th or 27th of the month or on the last Friday of the month and from April 2015 we will be introducing weekly direct debits.
- Telephone - please ring 0300 4560503 at any time to connect to our automated telephone payment system. You will need a touch tone telephone and your reference number and debit card details. Or you can ring during office hours where our Contact Centre advisors will be able to take a payment from you.
- In person - at any of our Contact Centres by cash, cheque or debit card. Please note we do not accept Credit Cards.
- By Rent Collector - we have a team of Rent Collectors who can collect your rent on a fortnightly basis, they can only take cash and cheque payments.
- By post - cheques should be made payable to Bolsover District Council and posted to Bolsover District Council, The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Derbyshire S43 4JY. Please write your reference number on the back of the cheque so that we can process your payment. Cash should not be sent through the post
Please contact the Tenancy Management Officer at your local Contact Centre to discuss these options.
Please see our Rents FAQ for further details on when do you pay, what to do if you are in credit, if you owe rent and how the rental income is spent.
We spend significant amounts of money repairing and improving our housing stock and we aim to deliver a high quality customer focused repair and maintenance service which carries out repairs quickly and efficiently and keeps our properties in a good state of repair.
We set ourselves key aims and objectives to do this, including providing a reliable day-to-day repairs service, repairing empty properties before new tenants move in, developing standards for the service in line with customer's wishes, carrying out regular servicing of heating systems excluding electric and ensuring our tradesmen are qualfied and trained to a high standard.
Our repairs team also includes a number of inspectors and our own team of workers, but please note that some work is carried out by contractors on our behalf. We also follow the Government's Right to Repair scheme that makes sure that certain small urgent repairs which might affect tenants' health, safety or security, are done quickly and easily. You can also report a repair on-line via our repair reporting system that takes you through the process of reporting your repair step by step.