There are many circumstances in which you may make an appeal against your property's banding. For example there may have been a structural change, part or all of the property may have been demolished or there may have been changes in the area that might affect the value.

You may also appeal against the banding of a new property or against an alteration in your banding made by the Valuation Office.
If you have recently moved house, you have six months from the date you moved in to make an appeal.

Appeals should be made to the Valuation Office at the following address:

The Valuation Office Agency
Listing Officer
Council Tax East
Ground Floor
Ferrers House
Castle Meadow Road

Main Switchboard Tel: 03000 501 501

For full details of the grounds for appealing against your banding visit the Valuation Office web site at www.voa.gov.uk
If you do make an appeal against your banding you must still pay your council tax bill. If your appeal is successful, your bill will be adjusted and any overpayments will be refunded to you.

Regeneration contacts

  • Tel: 01246 242424
  • Email: 
    This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Go to top