Licensing & Permits
In order to vote in the above elections, you must be registered to vote. The easiest way to do this is to visit the Register to Vote website.
The deadline for new registrations to vote is Friday 12 April 2019.
The deadline to apply to vote by post, or make changes to an existing postal vote is Monday 15 April 2019 at 5pm.
The deadline to apply to vote by proxy is Wednesday 24 April 2019 at 5pm.
Notice of Conclusion of Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places
Representation of the People Act 1983
Bolsover District Council has completed a review of polling districts and polling places in accordance with the Representation of the People Act 1983. The review was undertaken following a review of the Council’s electoral arrangements by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England. The new electoral arrangements will come into force at the local elections in 2019.
The Council has taken into account public comments, observations and representations in reaching its decisions, and has now published revised details of its designated Polling Districts and Polling Places.
The changes to the polling districts and polling places will be incorporated in the revised electoral register to be published on 1st December 2018.
The following documentation in relation to the review is available to view online at www.bolsover.gov.uk. Hard copies of the documents are available for inspection at The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Derbyshire, S43 4JY.
- Details of the designation of polling districts and polling places within the Bolsover District as a result of the review
Details of Designation of New Polling Districts and Polling Places and final Designation of New Polling Districts and Places
- Maps showing the new Polling Districts and Polling Places
- The minutes of meeting of the Council held on 12th September 2018 which considered the draft recommendations
- The report and appendices considered by the Council at its meeting held on 12th September 2018 which sets out the reasons for choosing each particular polling place and polling district including responses to public consultation
- Correspondence sent to any person or consultee to whom the authority contacted because they had particular expertise in relation to access to premises or facilities for disabled people.
Letter to consultees
Following the conclusion of the Local Authority’s review certain persons have a right to make representations to the Electoral Commission. If, on receipt of the representations, the Commission find that the review did not:
- meet the reasonable requirements of the electors in the constituency or a body of them; or
- take sufficient account of the accessibility for disabled persons of a polling station/polling stations with a designated polling place then the Commission may direct the Council to make any alterations to the polling places as they think necessary and if the alterations are not made within two months, make the alterations themselves.
Any representations must be in writing, either by post, e-mail or fax to:
Legal Counsel, The Electoral Commission, 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ.
Tel: 020 7271 0500 Fax: 020 7271 0505
If you require any further information regarding this review telephone 01246 242422
Dan Swaine, Dated 23 October 2018
The next elections to take place in Bolsover district are the Derbyshire County Council Elections which will take place on Thursday 4 May 2017. In Bolsover area, there are 6 electoral divisions represented by six county councillors:
- Barlborough and Clowne - Statement of Persons Nominated (11kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (18kb) - Verification of ballot papers (728kb)
- Bolsover North - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (21kb) - Verification of ballot papers (696kb)
- Bolsover South - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (24kb) - Verification of ballot papers (683kb)
- Shirebrook and Pleasley - Statement of Persons Nominated (14kb) - Election Agents (10kb) - Notice of poll (21kb) - Verification of ballot papers (681kb)
- South Normanton and Pinxton - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (10kb) - Notice of poll (20kb) - Verification of ballot papers (691kb)
- Tibshelf - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (22kb) - Verification of ballot papers (654kb)
We have issued the Notice of Election (11kb). Any new postal, proxy or postal vote applications, and changes to existing postal or proxy votes must reach us by 5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017.
Bolsover District residents who are already registered to vote willl automatically be sent poll cards to vote in the General Election.
You only need to register if you have moved house or have not previously registered to vote at the address where you live, and the quickest and easiest way to do this is online, where you will need to provide details including your date of birth and National Insurance Number.
The deadline to register for the General Election on 8 June is midnight on 22 May.
The deadline for receiving new postal vote and postal proxy applications, and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes is 5pm on Tuesday 23 May.
The deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxies) is 5pm om Wednesday 31 May.
The earliest date that electors can apply for a replacement for lost postal votes is Friday 2 June.
The last time for re-issue of spoilt or lost postal votes is 5pm on Thursday 8 June.
The deadline for emergency proxy applications is 5pm on Thursday 8 June.
If you require any further information, please ring the Electoral Services team on 01246 242435.
- Notice of Election (57kb) - Statement of Persons Nominated, Poll Notice and Polling Stations (69kb) - Election Agents (11kb)
Each year every household in the Bolsover District will receive a Household Enquiry form, which is also known as the annual canvass. The information we gather from this enables us to produce the new electoral register and ensures that everyone who should be entitled to vote can do so.
If you are not included on the electoral roll you will not be able to vote so it is important that you provide us with up to date information on the occupants of your address. You can't vote until you reach the age of 18 but any 16 or 17 year olds in your household should be included on the form. You should not include any children under the age of 16.
All of the major credit reference agencies use the electoral roll to verify your details when you apply for a mortgage, loan or other credit agreement. If you are not on the electoral roll you are likely to have problems in obtaining any form of credit.
We will be sending Household Enquiry Forms at the beginning of August 2017 to every household in the district. When you receive your Household Enquiry Form, please check this carefully to ensure it is correct and advise us of any changes that need to be made. The form will include details of how you can do this. Please respond without delay as this will mean we need to send out fewer reminders and helps us to keep costs down. Reminder forms will be sent mid September 2017 to households where no response has been received.
The revised Register of Electors will be published on 1 December 2017.