Each of us can play an important part in reducing overall crime levels, by taking action to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of crime ourselves by taking on board crime prevention advice.
This can be done by making sure our homes and vehicles are secured, keeping valuables in a safe place, and making sure property is marked. We can also improve our personal safety by keeping wallets and purses, mobile phones and other items from view that are of interest to the opportunist thief.
Our handy tips and advice on crime prevention helps provide some useful tips on the following:
If you have been a victim of crime and would like advice and support and how to report it, please do the following:
- In an emergency, always dial 999.
- Report all non emergencies by calling Derbyshire Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously via the scheme on 0800 555 111
Crime prevention publications
- Bogus Callers (280kb)
- Bogus Caller (Polish translation) (2.33MB)
- Home Security (268kb)
- Don’t Advertise your Stuff to Thieves (392kb)
- Don’t Advertise your Stuff to Thieves (Polish translation) (666kb)
- Shed Security (1.25MB)
- Summer Months (295kb)
- Dark Nights (364kb)
- Don't let thieves spoil your Christmas (665kb)
- Fire Safety in the Home (1.67MB)
- Fire Safety in the Home (Polish translation) (1.14MB)
Derbyshire Police have also produced a number of leaflets for migrant workers arriving in Derbyshire and a booklet giving advice on driving in the UK (1.26MB). This booklet has been produced in English, Polish, Lithuanian and Latvian and was supported by Bolsover Community Safety Partnership with funding from the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire.