English Czech French German Italian Polish Romanian Spanish

Compliments, comments and complaints

Customer feedback may be negative, and we can focus on the mistakes we have made or things that our customers would like us to do better. However, we get far more Compliments than we do complaints or negative feedback. This feedback is important – to reassure us that we doing a good job, and to praise staff, and also as a benchmark to help us improve and learn from our mistakes. We have written the Compliments, Comments and Complaints policy (334 kb) to help our staff deal with such feedback.

Everyone likes to be told they are doing a good job and staff at the Council are no exception.
We would like you to tell us when we do something right, or if you're particularly pleased with any of our services.

Please see our list of compliments

Quarter Three 2016-17 [200kb]

Quarter One 2016-17 [99kb]

October - December 2015 [124kb]

We would like to hear your suggestions on how we could improve, so please let us know by making a comment or suggestion. Your ideas will be forwarded to the most appropriate person who will consider your suggested changes when they next review their service.

We want you to complain if you feel you've been poorly or unfairly treated by any of our services and we will do our best to put things right when things have gone wrong

You can make a compliment, comment or complaint about us or any of our services by completing the on-line Compliments, Comments and Complaints form, or you can write to us at Bolsover District Council, The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Derbyshire S43 4JY, or by calling into any one of our Contact Centres and asking one of our employees to put your complaint in writing for you.

If you are unhappy about a council service please contact the person or department you have been dealing with first. If you are unsure who to contact please telephone our Contact Centres on 01246 242424. We will try wherever possible to resolve the matter with you informally at that time (this is called frontline resolution). If the person you are dealing with is unable to do that they will offer you a call back from their line manager within 3 working days and/or advise you how to make a formal complaint (we call this a formal investigation).

If your complaint has been considered by us at the formal investigation stage and you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of that investigation and response, you can complete an Internal Review Complaint Form and your complaint will be reviewed by the Chief Executive Officer or an Executive Director.

However, if you are still not satisfied after you have fully completed our complaints procedure, then your next step would be to make a complaint in writing to the Local Government Ombudsman or, in the case of housing matters, to your local Councillor, M.P. or the Housing Ombudsman Service. They will be able to provide you with advice on how to proceed further.

We continually monitor to see how many compliments, comments or complaints we have received and how we are performing against our targets in responding to these requests

We also ask customers to rate how satisfied they were with the way their written complaint was handled, please see our latest report.
You can also take a look at the Local Government Ombudsman's Annual Report and Letter (75kb) for the year ending 31st March 2016.

Complaints Handling Satisfaction Report 2015-16

Compliments, Comments and Complaints Executive Report [42kb]

Complaints about Councillors
If you have a complaint or comment about one of our Councillors (sometimes called Elected Members) please refer to our BDC Complaints Form Localism Act.

There are three major facts that should be watched out for in all payday loans in the United States. This is a permit to the world of pleasure and the lasting sex. Cialis Super Active online is a drug, the quality level of which is determined by its action speed.

Compliments & Complaints contacts

 01246 242353

  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Report it online

Compliments, Comments, Complaints

General Enquiry

Stage Three Complaint

Read it online

Compliments, Comments & Complaints Policy

Let Us Know Booklet

Latest Your Council Articles

Contact your councillor or MP

Enter your Postcode below:

This service is provided by writetothem.com

When is my bin collection?