We understand that paying for those extra bills can become a burden for the elderly within our community, that’s why we provide a contribution towards the cost of a television licence for pensioners subject to certain conditions. The contribution is made per licence, therefore only one contribution per household can be made each year.
To see if you are eligible to receive a grant, you must meet the following 3 criteria:
- Be at least 60 years old at the time of purchasing the licence.
- Have an income of no more than £238.36 per week. In the case of a couple this is a joint income level. For this purpose income includes, all income received except any disability pensions or allowances which are ignored.
- Must reside within Bolsover district and must be a householder (either owner/occupier or tenant) or be living in a separate part of the premises for which a separate licence is required.
How do I apply for a contribution?
Just follow these three simple steps:
- Complete the TV Licence application form, or pick one up from one of our Contact Centres or participating post office.
- Complete the application form and attach your current original TV licence.
- Apply for the licence:
- in person - You can hand in your application at your local Contact Centres
- at a post office – You can hand in your application at post offices throughout Bolsover district
- by post - You can send your completed application form to Financial Services, Bolsover District Council, Sherwood Lodge, Bolsover, Derbyshire, S44 6NF
I have a colour television licence do I get a bigger contribution?
No, the contribution is restricted to £12, irrespective of whether you have a black and white or colour television licence.
How do I receive my contribution?
You will receive a cheque for £12.00 to your home address within 10 working days. Your licence will be returned to you at the same time.
I am over 75 years of age, do I still get a contribution?
No, because when you turn 75, you become entitled to a free over 75 TV Licence from the Government anyway.
For further information please telephone 01246 242473 or submit an enquiry form.
Last Updated on Thursday, 26 April 2012 15:01