The Club Premises Certificate allows a qualifying club to carry out the following licensable activities:
- The supply of alcohol to members
- The sale of alcohol to bona fide guests
- The provision of regulated entertainment
There are a number of conditions in order to become a qualifying club:
- The club must have at least 25 members
- The club must be established in good faith
- Membership will not become active before two days from the persons nomination or acceptance into the club
- Alcohol must not be provided or intended to be provided on the premises other than by or on behalf of the club.
To apply for a Club Premises Cerificate, you should make an application to the authority in which the property in question is located. The certificate has effect until the licence is withdrawn, revoked or surrendered, but otherwise is not time limited.
Interested parties are defined in the Licensing Act 2003 as:
- a person living in the vicinity of the premises,
- a body representing persons who live in that vicinity,
- a person involved in a business in that vicinity,
- a body representing persons involved in such businesses.
The concept of what is and is not within the vicinity of a premises is not defined clearly by the Act. The Guidance issued by the Department for Culture Media and Sport states that the inerested party must be effected by the activities or behaviour of activities occuring on or immediately outside the premises.
If a representation is ruled "out of vicinity" the ruling may be challenged only by judicial review.
The following are the repsonsible authorities for Bolsover District:
- Police for areas in Pinxton and South Normanton ('A' Division), The Divisional Commander, Derbyshire Constabulary, 'A' Division Licensing Office, Heanor Police Station, Godfrey Street, Heanor, Derbyshire DE75 7GD. Tel: 01773 570100
- Police for all areas excluding Pinxton and South Normanton ('C' Division), The Divisional Commander, Derbyshire Constabulary, Chesterfield Division, New Beetwell Street, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S40 1QP. Tel: 01246 220100
- Fire Authority, The Chief Fire Officer, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service, Area Office North, Digital House, Peak Business Park, Foxwood Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 9RF. Tel: 01246 454413; Fax: 01246 572173
- Health and Safety, Health and Safety Executive, 1st Floor City Gate West, Toll House Hill, Nottingham NG1 5AT. Tel: 0115 9752800
- Weights and Measures, Derbyshire Trading Standards Service, 'Licensing Act 2003 Applications', Chatsworth Hall, Chesterfield Road, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3FW
Tel: 01629 580000 Ext.6142
- Derbyshire Safeguarding Children Board, Strategy Officer, Room 363 North Block, County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3AG. Tel: 01629 532181