Health and Wellbeing Directorate
Joint Director of Health and Wellbeing
Tel: 01246 242424
The Health and Wellbeing Directorate has the following departments within it:
Gael Hepburn is the Joint Assistant Director of Environmental Health. (structure for Commercial Environmental Services and Residential Environmental Services). Environmental Services undertake the following functions:
Environmental Services (Commercial)
- the inspection of food premises and investigation of food complaints and food processes to ensure hygiene standards are being met
- communicable disease control and the investigation of incidents of food poisoning
- the inspection of workplaces to ensure adequate Health and Safety standards including investigating reported accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in workplaces
- the investigation of complaints relating to Statutory Nuisance e.g. noise, odour, dust, etc
- responding to pollution incidents and the ongoing monitoring of pollutants
- the application of animal welfare controls through licensing
- Responsibility for liquor licensing and gambling administration, taxi and private hire licensing administration as well as some other Council licensing functions
- the provision of a dog control service including the collection of stray dogs and responding to incidents of dog fouling
- the abatement of nuisance through the investigation and removal of all unwanted tipping and the abandonment of articles/vehicles on public land
Environmental Services (Residential)
- Area regeneration activities
- Enquiries for grant aid; processing of applications and payment of grant in respect of house renovations, conversions and adaptations
- Matters relating to illegal traveller encampments
- Investigation of all complaints relating to unsatisfactory housing conditions and the instigation of appropriate remedial action
- Processing of default works in respect of housing and other matters
- Investigation of all drainage complaints whether from public or private systems including cesspools/ septic tanks and instigation of appropriate remedies.
Lee Hickin is the Joint Assistant Director of Leisure, which delivers a wide and varied number of activities.
The Sport and Active Recreation section deals with the provision of our sports and leisure facilites, community sports coaching programmes, sports development and the provision of recreational open spaces, countryside amenity areas and childrens' play facilities.
The Culture and Heritage section helps to develop and promote the community arts programmes, arts development and the various events and festivals.
Last Updated on Monday, 15 April 2013 13:58