Bolsover District residents who are already registered to vote willl automatically be sent poll cards to vote in the General Election.
You only need to register if you have moved house or have not previously registered to vote at the address where you live, and the quickest and easiest way to do this is online, where you will need to provide details including your date of birth and National Insurance Number.
The deadline to register for the General Election on 8 June is midnight on 22 May.
The deadline for receiving new postal vote and postal proxy applications, and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes is 5pm on Tuesday 23 May.
The deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxies) is 5pm om Wednesday 31 May.
The earliest date that electors can apply for a replacement for lost postal votes is Friday 2 June.
The last time for re-issue of spoilt or lost postal votes is 5pm on Thursday 8 June.
The deadline for emergency proxy applications is 5pm on Thursday 8 June.
If you require any further information, please ring the Electoral Services team on 01246 242435.
- Notice of Election (57kb) - Statement of Persons Nominated, Poll Notice and Polling Stations (69kb) - Election Agents (11kb)
The next elections to take place in Bolsover district are the Derbyshire County Council Elections which will take place on Thursday 4 May 2017. In Bolsover area, there are 6 electoral divisions represented by six county councillors:
- Barlborough and Clowne - Statement of Persons Nominated (11kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (18kb) - Verification of ballot papers (728kb)
- Bolsover North - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (21kb) - Verification of ballot papers (696kb)
- Bolsover South - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (24kb) - Verification of ballot papers (683kb)
- Shirebrook and Pleasley - Statement of Persons Nominated (14kb) - Election Agents (10kb) - Notice of poll (21kb) - Verification of ballot papers (681kb)
- South Normanton and Pinxton - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (10kb) - Notice of poll (20kb) - Verification of ballot papers (691kb)
- Tibshelf - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (22kb) - Verification of ballot papers (654kb)
We have issued the Notice of Election (11kb). Any new postal, proxy or postal vote applications, and changes to existing postal or proxy votes must reach us by 5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017.
Results and notices in respect of local by elections in Bolsover District are highlighted below as they arise.
Scarcliffe Parish - 16 January 2018
Due to the resignation of Councillor Malcolm Ball, a vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for Scarcliffe Parish Council.
Each year every household in the Bolsover District will receive a Household Enquiry form, which is also known as the annual canvass. The information we gather from this enables us to produce the new electoral register and ensures that everyone who should be entitled to vote can do so.
If you are not included on the electoral roll you will not be able to vote so it is important that you provide us with up to date information on the occupants of your address. You can't vote until you reach the age of 18 but any 16 or 17 year olds in your household should be included on the form. You should not include any children under the age of 16.
All of the major credit reference agencies use the electoral roll to verify your details when you apply for a mortgage, loan or other credit agreement. If you are not on the electoral roll you are likely to have problems in obtaining any form of credit.
We will be sending Household Enquiry Forms at the beginning of August 2017 to every household in the district. When you receive your Household Enquiry Form, please check this carefully to ensure it is correct and advise us of any changes that need to be made. The form will include details of how you can do this. Please respond without delay as this will mean we need to send out fewer reminders and helps us to keep costs down. Reminder forms will be sent mid September 2017 to households where no response has been received.
The revised Register of Electors will be published on 1 December 2017.
Details of Polling stations, Ward Boundaries can be found by clicking on the Find My.. button on the top of this page. Details of Councillors can be foundby clicking on the My Councillor button.
Results of Past Elections:
We can only display details of the most recent elections, if the information you are after is not shown here, please contact our Electoral Services team for assistance