Annual Accounts Open or Close
We deal with a huge budget each year. We handle the income we receive from grants, Council Tax, fees and charges and carefully manage the money we spend on delivering services and paying precepts to the parish councils, county council and Police/Fire authorities.
The Statement of Accounts is an annual publication that sets out exactly what we spent. This publication is designed to fit in with the latest regulations and guidance on the production of accounts for local authorities. The Annual Governance Statement is summarised in the Statement of Accounts each year. This is presented to the Audit Committee each June.
- Unaudited Statement of Accounts 2016/2017 (1.03MB)
- Statement of Accounts 2015/2016 (5.78MB)
- Statement of Accounts 2014/15 (3.09MB)
The Summary of Accounts provides brief summaries of the accounting statements included in the Statement of Accounts and in addition a review of our performance.
- Summary of Accounts 2015/16 (4.41MB) (please see the first section of this Annual Report document)
- Summary of Accounts 2014/15 (5.45MB) (please see the first section of this Annual Report document)
The Annual Governance Statement is summarised in the Statement of accounts each year. This is presented to the Audit Committee each June
- Annual Governance Statement 2016/17 (60kb)
- Annual Governance Statement 2015/16 (4.11MB)
- Annual Governance Statement 2014/15 (194kb)
These annual reports summarise the findings from the Audt Commissions audits. It includes messages arising from the audit of our financial statements and the results of the work they have undertaken to assess our arrangements to secure value for money in our use of resources.
Financial Plans Open or Close
We are committed to good financial management and the ongoing review and improvement of our financial processes and services. We have also introduced a Money Laundering policy (54kb) that applies to all our employees and aims to maintain high standards of conduct, by reducing the risk of criminal activity through money laundering.
As part of the requirements of the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice we are required to produce a Treasury Management Strategy every year which requires approval by full Council prior to the commencement of each financial year.
Payments of £250+ Open or Close
The reports below list payments showing items of expenditure over £250 (excluding VAT) made by the Council to suppliers and external bodies and includes supplier name, amount, date and spend type details. For Data Protection reasons some personal data will be excluded from the information published. VAT will also be excluded.
This data is freely re-usable, see the data.gov.uk website for more terms and conditions.
- 1 April 2017 - 31 May 2017 - csv
- 1 April 2017 - 31 May 2017 - excel
- 1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017 - csv (1mb)
- 1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017 - excel (1mb)
- 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 - xls (973kb)
- 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 - csv (796kb)
- 1 April 2014 to 31st March 2015 - xls format (925kb)
- 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 - csv format (752kb)
- 4th April 2013 to 31st March 2014 - xls format (516kb)
- 4th April 2013 to 31st March 2014 - csv format (404kb)