Housing and Economic Development Strategy 2015 - 2020
The council has previously had separate strategies for Economic Development and Housing but has decided to deliver a joint Strategy in recognition of the council's key priority to deliver growth in the district as part of its recently launched Growth Strategy.
The Strategy and Executive Summary can be found at the top of this page to download.
The joint strategy recognises that new jobs, new businesses and new housing are essential elements in creating an economically vibrant place where all people want to live and work.
The proposed 8 objectives outlined in the strategy have been identified to tackle the challenges and opportunities facing the district over the next 5 years.
The eight objectives are:
1. Supporting enterprise: maintaining and growing the business base
2. Maximise employment, skills and training opportunities
3. Enable housing growth
4. Unlock development potential: unlocking the capacity of major employment sites
5. Enable town centre development
6. Develop the rural economy
7. Enable people to live in and sustain their own homes
8. Prevent and reduce homelessness
If you would like to discuss the Strategy in more detail, please contact the Housing Strategy or Economic Development Team.