Available Land and Property Open or Close
We have a wide range of land and property available to suit all needs. Contact us for more details.
Commercial Properties Open or Close
Bolsover District is a fast growing business location within the heart of the country. From modern business parks to quality existing commercial premises there's a huge choice for any business wishing to locate or expand in the area.
You can also freely search our Sites and Premises Database (opens in new window) for further assistance.
Community Value Assets Open or Close
The Localism Act provides communities with a local connection a right to identify assets such as local pubs, shops, village halls and post offices which, if they came up for sale, they would want to try and purchase.
The Act does not give a right to buy the property in question but it does give potential bidders the time to put a proposal together. Local community and voluntary bodies as well as parish and town councils are able to identify land and buildings that have provided an important service in their community and may do in the future.
These community bodies can nominate assets for inclusion on a register of assets of community value, which will be maintained by us.
If an asset on the register comes up for sale, community bodies may have up to six months in which to raise the capital and bid to buy the asset, before it can be sold on the open market.
How to make a nomination
Community groups have to meet certain criteria and provide supporting evidence to be eligible to nominate an asset. To assist you we have created a nomination form (45kb). Once completed, please send this and any evidence to: Nicola Calver, Governance Manager, Bolsover District Council, The Arc, Clowne, Derbyshire S43 4JY
Help and Guidance
We have produced a frequently asked questions (51kb) information sheet which provides guidance on how we will deal with nominations under the Community Right to Bid process.
We have published a list of community assets (45kb) that have been nominated an unsuccessfully nominated.
Development Opportunities Open or Close
We have a district with a number of positive elements that help to attract - and keep - businesses to the area.
These benefits include our central location and excellent transport links, our ability to access finance from a variety of sources and our access to a skilled workforce, amongst many others. We work with our partners to bring forward exciting development opportunities that can provide any business with a good starting base or somewhere you can expand and grow or property developers the chance to create a legacy. These include:
Empty Homes Open or Close
Long term empty homes are those that have been empty for six months or more and we are committed to reducing the number of these. Empty properties can make a significant impact to a road or area but there are a number of reasons why properties become empty including the death or ill health of an owner, the property being subject to probate or other legal disputes, or a landlord being unwilling or unable to let the property. An owner may also be unable or unwilling to sell a property, or have inherited it and not know what to do with it.
If you are concerned about a vacant or dilapidated property please report thsi to us immediately so we can investigate it and speak to the owner.
We can also provide help to owners who have empty properties by:
- Helping to let or sell a property,
- Providing advice on renovating a property,
- Advertising the property to let or for sale on our website,
- Providing a Matching Service with organisations that are looking to bring empty properties back into use.
We use enforcement options only as a last resort where an owner is unwilling to bring the home back into use and it is causing a problem in the neighbourhood. There are several options available to us including:
- Statutory enforcement action - we use a wide range of enforcement powers to make sure an owner improves their property.
- Enforced sale - this allows the sale of an empty property to be forced to recover debts that are owed to us.
- Empty Dwelling Management Order – enables management of the property to move to the local authority or a nominated party (usually a registered provider) for up to seven years.
- Compulsory purchase - this is when we buy a property from an owner even if they don't give their consent.
Land Charges Open or Close
The Land Charges section can be contacted on 01246 242316/242279. Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00 to 2.30
When you are buying or selling a house, your solicitor will make a search of our records to ensure there are no hidden surprises, such as motorways at the bottom of your garden or outstanding notices requiring you to take action to remedy an earlier wrong doing.
This is a full and comprehensive search of our property records. We answer a series of questions contained on the form CON29 which are enquiries of the local authority. Forms are usually submitted to us through a solicitor, licensed conveyancer or legal practitioner.
Form LLC1 reveals entries contained in the Land Charges Register that affect a property/land and the other questions are checked to make sure there are no hidden surprises.
The Council has taken the decision to defer charging VAT on CON29 searches. Local Authorities now have until 31st March 2017 in which to implement VAT charges. We will update this page once we know when VAT will be implemented.
What We Do
- Deliver fast, efficient and reliable Local Authority searches with an emphasis on quality. We have experience, expertise and local knowledge
- Provide a comprehensive service
- Provide prompt responses (10-15 working days)
- Provide official certificates
- All our searches are lender approved
- All our searches are covered by insurance (even after point of sale)
- Personal service guaranteed
- Provide a high standard of service in the industry at very competitve prices.