Save Time and Do it Online - Click to Open
 Save Time and Do it Online - Click to Open
Contact Us

Contact Us

Bin Collections

Bin Collections

My Councillor

My Councillor

Find My...

Find My...

Contact Us

Telephone 01246 242424

click here
to see what services we are responsible for


Bolsover Contact Centre, Cotton Street, Bolsover S44 6HA
Clowne Contact Centre, The Arc, High Street, Clowne S43 4JY (main headquarters)


Shirebrook Contact Centre, 2A Main Street, Shirebrook NG20 8AW
South Normanton Contact Centre, The Hub, Shiners Way, South Normanton DE55 2AA


When is my bin collection?

Find my Councillor

My Area

See what services are available in your area

Go!Active @ The Arc

What is self build and custom build?

Self build housing usually means that you are directly involved in organising the design and construction of your new home. Custom Build usually means working with a specialist developer to help you deliver your home. There may be some overlap between the two - for example some custom build developers offer the option of a serviced plot where you can design and build your own home as part of a larger scheme.

What is the Council doing to help people who want to self or custom build?

From 1st April 2016, the Council will keep a register of individuals and associations who are looking for serviced plots of land in the district.

What is the purpose of the Register?

The Government wants to enable more people to build or commission their own home. The Register will provide an indication of the demand for self/custom build in Bolsover District and allow the Council to develop its housing and planning policies to support the kinds of self and custom build projects that would be most appropriate.

How can I register?

To register please complete the Self Build and Custom Build Registration form provided at the foot of the page. Prior to filling out the form, please take a minute to read the guidance notes at the top of the form.

Applicants should be over 18 and either: a British citizen; or a European Economic Area National; or a national of Switzerland. Applicants should be looking for a plot of land in Bolsover district to occupy as their sole or main residence.

If your application is successful we will notify you within 28 days and place your details on our register. If your application is unsuccessful we will notify you of the reason(s) within 28 days.

How will the information be used?

The register will be used to help us find out more about the demand for self and custom build plots in the district; where people would like their plot to be; and the size and type of home that they would like to build.

Specifically, information on the register will be used to inform planning decisions, the Local Plan, the Housing Strategy, Land Disposal Plans, and Regeneration Plans. All personal information will be held and treated in confidence.

Application form

Self Build and Custom Build Registration Form (22kb).

Further Information

If you require any further information, please contact the planning policy team by e-mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or by telephone at 01246 242203

Latest Promotion

Adventure Fest 2018

What's on

21 Jul 2018 00:00-00:00 
 Bolsover Food and Drink Festival
20 Jul 2018 00:00-00:00 
 Stainsby Festival
22 Jul 2018 10:00-16:00 
 Adventure Fest
03 Aug 2018 19:00- 
 Friday Night Cabaret Evening
03 Aug 2018 19:30- 
 Swinging 60s Theme Night
04 Aug 2018 17:00- 
 Clowne Pop-Up Cinema
18 Aug 2018 17:00- 
 Clowne Pop-Up Cinema

Latest Tweets

Go to top