Us Girls Can, a campaign which aims to inspire local women to get active by championing the successes of people just like them, is launching in Whitwell.
A localised version of the This Girl Can national campaign, led by Sport England, Us Girls Can is supported by Street Games and will focus initially on the village of Whitwell and aims to break down barriers to women getting active.
To kickstart the campaign local women, 16 years old and over, are invited to a Party in the Dark, where participants will be able to enjoy music, quizzes, mock-tails and pizza as well as having the chance to try activities such as Zumba, Tai Chi, Dance, Meditation, Boxing for Fitness and Yoga all in short manageable 20 minute blocks.
Come and have a go with no fear of judgement and no pressure. All you need is comfortable clothing, trainers and a bottle of water. Parking is available at the Centre. Whilst all activities are in bite size chunks we advise participants with any known medical conditions to ensure that they are OK to take part.
Please read the following medical questions before proceeding with your booking:
1. Are you pregnant?
2. Have you ever had epilepsy? (Strobe lighting may be used)
3. Have you ever had heart trouble?
4. Do you have chest pains?
5. Do you ever have spells of dizziness or feel faint?
6. Have you ever had high or low blood pressure?
7. Have you ever had high cholesterol?
8. Have you ever had asthma, chronic bronchitis or any other chest related illness?
9. Do you have severe headaches or migraines?
10. Is there any history of heart disease in your immediate family?
11. Are you recovering from a recent illness, operation or injury?
12. Have you any medical condition that we should be aware of?
13. Are you presently taking any form of medication?
Please note: If you answered YES to any question 1-13, you are advised to seek medical advice/approval before taking part in this event.
Please note photographs and possibly video footage of the event will be taken on the evening which may be used to promote future events and physical activity in Bolsover District. Participants are also encouraged to take their own photos/video and share these on social media to show that Us Girls Can. By booking a place at the event you are confirming that you are happy for images/footage of you to be taken and used in this way.