Save Time and Do it Online - Click to Open
 Save Time and Do it Online - Click to Open
Contact Us

Contact Us

Bin Collections

Bin Collections

My Councillor

My Councillor

Find My...

Find My...

Contact Us

Telephone 01246 242424

click here
to see what services we are responsible for


Bolsover Contact Centre, Cotton Street, Bolsover S44 6HA
Clowne Contact Centre, The Arc, High Street, Clowne S43 4JY (main headquarters)


Shirebrook Contact Centre, 2A Main Street, Shirebrook NG20 8AW
South Normanton Contact Centre, The Hub, Shiners Way, South Normanton DE55 2AA

You TubeInstagram

When is my bin collection?

Find my Councillor

My Area

See what services are available in your area

Go!Active @ The Arc

If you require a market stall licence please contact your relevent town council in the district to apply. The parish councils can be contacted here: 

Clowne Parish Council

Old Bolsover Town Council

Shirebrook Town Council

South Normanton Town Council

As part of the Licensing Act 2003, we advertise applications for premises licenses, club premises certificates, variations and requests for reviews.

All applications are advertised for a period of 28 days, beginning the day after we have received the application. The exception to this is minor variations which are only advertised for 10 days. All current advertisements are displayed below.

Applicant: Phillip Bayliss

Premises: The Gate Hotel, Main Road, Langwith, Mansfield, NG20 9DN

Type: Application to Vary a Premises Licence, under the Licensing Act 2003

Details of Variation: Change of layout of premises, increase the area which licensable activities and the sale of alcohol may be carried out to include the newly constructed conservatory at the rear of the building and the outside seating areas at the front and to the rear of the building.

Date of application: 9th March 2018

Deadline for representations: 6th April 2018     



    Application for a New Premises Licence

    Applicant: Wagamama Limited

    Premises: Wagamama, Unit 12, East Midlands Designer Outlet, Mansfield Road, South Normanton, Alfreton, DE55 2JW

    Licensable Activities and times:

    Recorded Music – Monday to Sunday – 10:00 – 00:00

    Late Night Refreshment – Monday to Sunday – 23:00 – 00:00

    Supply of Alcohol – Monday to Sunday – 10:00 – 00:00

    Opening times – Monday to Sunday – 10:00 – 00:30

    Non Standard timings: New Year’s Eve all activities are permitted throughout the night until the start of the permitted hours on New Year’s Day.

    The deadline date for representations is the 6th April 2018.



    Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 01246 217228






We understand that paying for those extra bills can become a burden for the elderly within our community, that’s why we provide a contribution towards the cost of a television licence for pensioners subject to certain conditions. The contribution is made per licence. Therefore only one contribution per household can be made each year.

You must meet the following 3 criteria:

  1. Be at least 60 years old at the time of purchasing the TV licence.
  2. Have an income of no more than £271.15 per week (from 1 April 2017). In the case of a couple, this is a joint income level. For this purpose income includes, all income received except any disability pensions or allowances which are ignored.
  3. Must reside within Bolsover District and must be a householder (either owner/occupier or tenant) or be living in a separate part of the premises for which a separate licence is required.

The contribution is restricted to £12, irrespective of whether you have a black and white or colour television licence. You will receive a cheque for £12.00 to your home address within 10 working days. Your TV licence will be returned to you at the same time. 

Please apply for your contributuion using our TV Licence application form (40kb).

If your business provides any licensable activities - sell alcohol, hot food and drink, or provide certain types of public entertainment - you will need a licence from us. A public register is currently being compiled which will give details of all licences and certificates granted under the Licensing Act 2003.

A licensable activity can be:

  • the sale of alcohol
  • the supply of alcohol at a club
  • the provision of regulated entertainment eg live or recorded music, dancing, indoor sporting event
  • the provision of facilities to allow regulated entertainment to take place
  • the provision of late night refreshment between 11 pm and 5 am.

There are four types of licences which you can apply for:

  • If you sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, or late night refreshment, you should apply for a Premises Licence
  • If you are a club that supplies alcohol, regulated entertainment, or late night refreshment, apply for a Club Premises Certificate
  • If you supply or authorise the sale of alcohol, (other than in premises having a Club Premises Certificate) then you will need to apply for a Personal Licence
  • If you are organising a small scale (less than 500 people) event and intend to sell alcohol/refreshments or provide regulated entertainment, then you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN).

Licensing Reviews
The operators of licensed premises are required to actively promote the four licensing objectives:

  1. Prevention of crime and disorder
  2. Prevention of public nuisance
  3. Public safety
  4. Protection of children from harm

Any interested party or responsible authority may call for the review of a premises licence if they believe that the licensing objectives are not being promoted.

Calling for a Review
Application for a review must be made on the Licensing Review (115kb) application form and submitted to us at Licensing Team, Bolsover District Council, 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield , Derbyshire S42 6NG. Copies must also be sent on the same day to the premises licence holder and to each of the responsible authorities. Failure to send these copies may render the application as invalid.

Latest Promotion

BDC Green Bin collections start back infograph

What's on

21 Mar 2018 10:00- 
 Youth Council
27 Mar 2018 09:30- 
29 Mar 2018 10:00- 
 Licensing Committee
03 Apr 2018 09:30-00:00 
03 Apr 2018 09:30-00:00 
04 Apr 2018 10:00- 
 Growth Scrutiny Committee
06 Apr 2018 09:30- 
 Joint Cabinet

Latest Tweets

Go to top