Save Time and Do it Online - Click to Open
 Save Time and Do it Online - Click to Open
Contact Us

Contact Us

Bin Collections

Bin Collections

My Councillor

My Councillor

Find My...

Find My...

Contact Us

Telephone 01246 242424

click here
to see what services we are responsible for


Bolsover Contact Centre, Cotton Street, Bolsover S44 6HA
Clowne Contact Centre, The Arc, High Street, Clowne S43 4JY (main headquarters)


Shirebrook Contact Centre, 2A Main Street, Shirebrook NG20 8AW
South Normanton Contact Centre, The Hub, Shiners Way, South Normanton DE55 2AA

You TubeInstagram

When is my bin collection?

Find my Councillor

My Area

See what services are available in your area

Go!Active @ The Arc

Before you are able to be offered a Council property you need to be on our Housing Register. The booklet Housing Application Guide (659kb) gives information on completing the application form (465kb). Please note that any applicant who completes the housing application form and is living in rented accommodation (excluding Bolsover District Council tenants) you will have to have the private and confidential checklist (165kb) completed by your current landlord otherwise your application will not be processed.

If you need further assistance in completing the form, or answering any of the questions, this is available at any of our Contact Centres.

Once your application has been received, points will be awarded, determined by housing need, but priority will be given to persons occupying unsatisfactory or temporary housing, or are vulnerable for other social, economic or medical reasons.

For further details please see our Choice Based Lettings booklet (608kb) leaflet or the full Housing Allocation Policy (608kb).

Bolsover Lettings

Bolsover Lettings is our Choice Based Lettings System. This system allows anyone with an active application on the housing waiting list, to search, select and apply for a new home of their choice across Bolsover District and its Sub Regional partners (within the usual eligibility criteria).

Bolsover Lettings gives you more choice about where you want to live. It also gives you a better idea of what properties are available in your area. Every week we will advertise most of the available Council and in time Housing Association properties. You can look at the adverts and decide whether you want to be considered for any of the properties advertised.

Properties will be advertised on the website and will be displayed at our Contact Centres.

To bid for a property you can:

  • On the internet 
  • Through Contact Centre employees.

Mutual Exchanges

If you are a secure tenant you can exchange or 'swap' your property with another tenant, subject to set conditions. 

The Housing Department is in the process of introducing a new mutual exchange system called swapandmove. This new service is available free of charge to our tenants and matches you with other tenants both locally and nationally who you may wish to swap homes with.

To register with swapandmove:

•          Visit www.swapandmove.co.uk to register

•          Enter details of your current home and the home you want

•          See your possible swaps

After you have registered your application the Housing Department will originally need to approve your application and after that you will be able to use the website to contact anyone you are interested in swapping with. When you register you can sign up to receive a regular email telling you when there are any new swap properties that meet your requirements.

Further details are available on the Bolsover Lettings website or by contacting the Housing Department on 01246 242424.

Latest Promotion

BDC Green Bin collections start back infograph

What's on

27 Mar 2018 09:30- 
29 Mar 2018 10:00- 
 Licensing Committee
03 Apr 2018 09:30-00:00 
03 Apr 2018 09:30-00:00 
04 Apr 2018 10:00- 
 Growth Scrutiny Committee
06 Apr 2018 09:30- 
 Joint Cabinet
09 Apr 2018 10:00- 
 Safety Committee

Latest Tweets

Go to top