The Derbyshire Handy Van Network is open to people who are 60 and over or who have been referred to us by one of our partner organisations. Our Handy Van person can visit your home to help with the following:
- Home fire safety checks
- Checking and fitting smoke alarms
- Energy efficiency advice
- Practical tasks
The service can help with practical tasks such as:
- Changing light bulbs
- Removing or hanging curtains
- Fitting blinds
- Securing carpets and rugs
- Fitting key safes and grab rails
- We can also (with your permission) contact other organisations on your behalf to help you access additional services that may benefit you, for example The British Legion or the Citizens Advice Bureau.
Unfortunately the service cannot offer an emergency service for plumbing or electrics. If you need help finding a reliable, local company to carry out work at your property Derbyshire County Council can provide details of businesses who have registered on their Trusted Trader Scheme.