We are committed to tackling the problem of empty properties in the region and support property owners to help bring homes back into use and we have a dedicated Empty Property Officer who can help owners of empty properties bring them back into use.
We are taking part in the National Empty Homes week from 16 October to 20 Octboer. Each day we will have advise and help for renting properties to selling empty home to simple advice for tenants and ladlords. Keep checking our page and social media for further details #NEHW2017
Monday 16 October Empty Properties News - Introduction
- Choosing an agent to manage the letting of your property,
- Selling the property through an estate agent or auction,
- Help and advicewhen renovating a property,
- Advertising property to let or for sale,
- Matching Service – we have a list of organisations that are looking to bring empty properties back into use. You can use this service if you are looking to sell, lease or let your property.
A property that has been empty for over 2 years could qualify for a reduction in VAT to 5% on renovation works to bring the property back into use. Properties empty for over 10 years could qualify for a reduction in VAT to 0% on renovation works!
We are eager to speak to owners of empty properties and may be able to offer advice and assistance, if you own an empty property we would be grateful if you could complete the appropriate form below:
For further information you can view the Council's Empty Properties Strategy.