We are committed to making our online resources accessible to all users of the site. We aim to continually review our web pages and modify them to ensure that they are accessible for all users. Our content is checked for Plain English and we aim to use a written style that is straightforward and understandable.
We follow a list of accessibility guidelines when designing our website and content these include:
- Maintain a standard layout and navigation system throughout
- Use headings, paragraphs, lists and other HTML (HyperText Markup Language) to create a logical document structure
- Allow visitors to resize all text
- Use plain backgrounds to improve the readability of text
- Use foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast and are not known to cause problems for sufferers of colour-blindness
- Use alt attributes on all images and ensure that all titles are meaningful
- Design layouts to work satisfactorily at a range of screen resolutions
- Ensure all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text, avoiding short-hand language like Click here
- Provide internal anchors for visitors using screen readers or similar technology
Controlling text and colours in your web browser
You can specify the font sizes of web pages displayed on your computer screen by using the A letters in the top right hand corner of the page, even if the author of the web page has already specified these.
We welcome any feedback or comments that will help us improve our website.
Files available to download from this site
This site uses the pdf (portable document format) file format for large and complex documents. Wherever a pdf document is available on the site, it will be accompanied by the Acrobat Reader logo . If you don't have the software to read pdf files, you can get Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge.Download Acrobat Reader
This site uses the Microsoft Word Document file format. Wherever a word document is available on the site, it will be accompanied by the word logo . If you do not have Word you can use the free Word viewer to view, print and copy Word documents. Download Word viewer
Excel spreadsheet files
This site uses the Microsoft Excel files format. Wherever an excel document is available on the site, it will be accompanied by the excel logo. If you do not have Excel you can download a free viewer to open, view, and print Excel workbooks. Download Excel viewer
Audio and Video files
This site uses audio and video files. If you cannot view them, you can download Windows Media Player free. Download Media Player
Web browser software
The website has been designed to be viewed in a range of commonly available web browsers including, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. In order to ensure that the website displays correctly and to get the best experience of the pages and features on offer within the website, it is recommended that the most recent version of your preferred browser is used.