General housing advice is available from our Housing Needs Officers who are based in one of our Contact Centres. Emphasis is given to enabling people to sustain their existing accommodation.
However, advice about accessing affordable housing and social rented accommodation is provided and this can include council accommodation, housing association, private rented, shared ownership etc.
Housing Options available:
- Advice and assistance to enable you to access accommodation within the private sector. Properties are now widely available in the local press and by using the links belows.
- Advice and assistance to allow vulnerable people to access supported accommodation through the Derbyshire Supported People Programme.
- Support to enable you to sustain your tenancy and remain in the acccommodation you currently live in.
- In addition to Council housing, there are several Housing Associations (Registered Social Landlords) who rent out property within Bolsover District to help people with their housing needs. Please visit our Bolsover Lettings website for more information.
If you are worried about your mortgage advice act now to stop your situation becoming worse. Information and advice is available from Mortgage Rescue Schemes.
- Derwent Housing Association
- East Midlands Housing Association
- English Churches Housing
- Housing 21
- Leicester Housing Association
- Metropolitan Housing Trust
- Guiness Northern Counties
- The Guinness Trust Group (Housing Association)
- Trident Housing
- Spirita Housing Association
- Derbyshire County Council Supporting People
- Action Housing
- Right Move
- Easy Room Mate
- Information about the government's schemes to help you with your mortgage
- Coping With The Economic Downturn (832kb)
- CAB guide to Mortgage Arrears
- CAB Guide to Rent Arrears
- Debt Management Plan
- NHAS advice booklet for people worried about their mortgage (442kb)
- FAQ about the Mortgage Rescue Scheme (24kb)
- Local Housing Allowance
- Housing issues - your rights and responsibilities
Last Updated on Monday, 30 January 2012 09:42