English Czech French German Italian Polish Romanian Spanish

Community Safety

Everyone has the right to feel safe and all of us have a part to play in making Bolsover District safer. Community Safety can only really be achieved through a joint partnership effort which means local organisations, communities, agencies and individuals working together to combat crime and disorder issues.

The Community Safety Partnership does everything in their power to reduce crime and disorder, the fear of crime, and communicate what we are doing in our communities. We have a proven record of achievements to date and we intend to build on this to make further reductions in crime and disorder in the Bolsover District. 

We have published our latest newsletter (169kb) that features information on what the Community Safety Partnership have been doing, an update on the CSP Plan and some useful numbers.

Anti Social Behaviour

Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) covers many types of actions from low-level persistent nuisance to serious public disturbance. It

  • is behaviour that can cause nuisance and annoyance
  • is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress
  • creates significant and persistent problems in neighbourhoods
  • leaves communities feeling intimidated and afraid.

Anti social behaviour includes a range of problems – noisy neighbours, abandoned cars, vandalism, graffiti, litter and youth nuisance.  Together with the Community Safety Partnership, we recognise that the behaviour of a persistent minority can ruin the lives of individuals and damage whole communities. It can hold back the regeneration of our most disadvantaged areas, creating the environment in which crime can take hold.

No one should have to put up with behaviour that causes misery and distress. It is important to recognise that anti social behaviour can occur in any neighbourhood regardless of the form of housing ownership or the nature of the locality and can be distressing to any individual, so we have established an Anti Social Behaviour Policy (210kb) and a set of Minimum Standards of Response for ASB (108kb) that shows our commitment to you and let you know what you can expect from our services.

How we tackle anti social behaviour

We are responsible for tackling all types of anti social behaviour in the district ranging from the receiving a report of anti social behaviour, to the investigation, to the issuing of ASBOs, ABCs, Dispersal Orders and Injunctions.

If you are experiencing anti social behaviour and this is being caused by someone in your neighbourhood your first point of contact should be through our Contact Centres or in the case of an emergency contact the Police on 999.

Other information on anti social behaviour can be obtained from the following organisations:

CAN Rangers

Community Action Network (CAN) Rangers provide a highly visible, uniformed, presence in residential and public areas, town centres and high crime areas.

Unlike Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs), the CAN Rangers do not have any police powers. Rather, they are meant to be the eyes and ears of the community, looking to improve the quality of life of an area and help it along the path to regeneration. They will also try to resolve anti social behavioural issues in the initial stages.

As well as providing a link between local residents and key agencies such as the local authority and the police, the CAN Rangers also undertake initiatives to provide education and advice on tackling environmental issues such as litter, graffiti, dog fouling and can issue Fixed Penalty Notices of fines up to £80 for such offences.

Community Trigger

Responding to, and tackling, anti social behaviour continues to be a key priority for all community safety partners in Derbyshire. We work together to bring to justice those causing anti social behaviour and provide support for people affected by it.

We continually strive to provide a high level of service, but recognise that there are occasions when we don’t get it right first time. This is where the Community Trigger comes in.

What is the Community Trigger?
The Community Trigger gives, those affected by anti-social behaviour, the right to request an Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review of the response to their reports of anti-social behaviour. The Community Trigger should only be used if you think your concerns have not been dealt with, or acted upon, by agencies.

Concerns about individual officers, or services, should continue to be directed to the relevant organisation’s complaints procedure and/or the Ombudsman or the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

When can I use the Community Trigger?
You can use the Community Trigger if:

  • You have reported three or more related incidents of anti-social behaviour, within the last six months


  • Five separate individuals have reported related incidents of anti-social behaviour, within the last six months

You can apply for the Community Trigger on behalf of someone else, but you must provide their written consent, alongside the application form. A detailed explanation of the threshold for the Community Trigger is contained within the Guidance Notes for the Community Trigger Application Form (see below).

How do I use the Community Trigger?
In order to use the Community Trigger to request an Anti Social Behaviour Case Review, please read through the guidance notes (26kb) and submit a completed application form (1MB). 

If you require a hardcopy of the Community Trigger Application Form please telephone 01246 593025. If you require further assistance with completing the Community Trigger Application Form please telephone 01246 593056.

What happens when I submit a Community Trigger Application Form?
When a completed Community Trigger Application Form is received, we will acknowledge receipt of your request for an Anti Social Behaviour Case Review, within five working days.

We will review the information you have provided, to determine whether your case meets the Community Trigger threshold. If it does, an Anti Social Behaviour Case Review will take place. This will involve agencies sharing information, such as the police, housing, environmental health, social care and health providers, depending on the nature of the case. The Anti Social Behaviour Case Review will discuss the issues you raise, consider what action has already been taken and consider recommendations for additional action to resolve the problem.

We will inform you of the outcome and recommendations of the Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the Community Trigger, you can lodge an appeal with the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire. 

We welcome the opportunity to review cases of anti-social behaviour, but Community Trigger applications may be rejected if they are thought to be prejudicial, discriminatory, malicious, unreasonable or vexatious.

Crime Prevention

Each of us can play an important part in reducing overall crime levels, by taking action to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of crime ourselves by taking on board crime prevention advice.

This can be done by making sure our homes and vehicles are secured, keeping valuables in a safe place, and making sure property is marked. We can also improve our personal safety by keeping wallets and purses, mobile phones and other items from view that are of interest to the opportunist thief.

Our handy tips and advice on crime prevention helps provide some useful tips on the following:

If you have been a victim of crime and would like advice and support and how to report it, please do the following:

You can also contact, Victim Support Chesterfield and District, 193 St John's Road, Newbold, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 8PE. Tel: 01246 260 299, Fax: 01246 260 299 or  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .  If you prefer, you can contact Victim Support's national telephone Victim Supportline on 0845 30 30 900.

Crime prevention publications

Derbyshire Police have also produced a number of leaflets for migrant workers arriving in Derbyshire and a booklet giving advice on driving in the UK (1.26MB).  This booklet has been produced in English, Polish, Lithuanian and Latvian and was supported by Bolsover Community Safety Partnership with funding from the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire.

Domestic Abuse

Domestic violence and abuse affects thousands of people from all different backgrounds. It does not matter whether you are young or old, if you are religious or not, whether you are male or female, if you are from a different country or a different culture, whether you are a traveller, whether you are employed or unemployed and it does not matter about your sexuality.

Are you one of these people?

Does a spouse, or partner you are intimate with, or a relative:

  • Ridicule and humiliate you in public or in private?
  • Complain about you going out or having friends?
  • Turn your children against you or use them in arguments?
  • Isolate you from your family and friends and daily activities?
  • Deny you access to finances preventing you from having money of your own?
  • Swear at, push, slap, punch or beat you?
  • Force you to perform sexual acts or have sex?
  • Harm or threaten to harm the children?
  • Damage or threaten to damage your property?

If your answer to one or more of these questions is yes, you can now get help locally. Services are free and confidential. You will be allowed to make your own decisions. No one will force you into anything you do not want to do.

Useful Links:

The Freedom Programme

The Freedom programme is a 12 week support group for women.  It is open to any woman who wishes to learn more about the reality of domestic abuse. The programme is run in venues across the areas of Bolsover District, Chesterfield Borough and North East Derbyshire and all courses are open to women from any area.  All programmes are free and crèche for pre-school age children may be available.

Refuge for Male Victims of Domestic Abuse

This refuge is available for male victims of domestic abuse and can accommodate up to three men. It has three bedrooms, a shared bathroom, a shared downstairs toilet, a communal living/dining area and a communal kitchen. This is the only facility of its kind in Derbyshire, the refuge will provide male victims of domestic violence with a place to stay while they are counselled and supported.

Support could include signposting to specialist help, whether it is for drugs, alcohol, mental health issues or any other problems which could occur.  Help will also be given to those in refuge with benefits and ensure they are receiving the correct ones. .

Drugs & Alcohol

Alcohol Harm is consistently identified as a top priority in terms of health and community safety.

The Bolsover Community Safety Partnership (CSP) work with DAAT (Derbyshire Drugs & Alcohol Action Team) and other partners to address alcohol related problems in Bolsover District.

The DAAT co-ordinates and commissions drug treatment services and related activities to fulfil the aim of tackling substance misuse.

The Partnership continually promotes a message of sensible drinking distributing information/education leaflets and booklets to the community via targeted patrols and crime cracking events.

Useful websites:


We would like to achieve a future in which any parent within the District who needs support will know where to turn and be able to benefit from a range of appropriate and accessible services. Improving parents' skills, taking preventative measures and using enforcement action to reduce anti social behaviour will contribute to strengthening communities.

We recognise that the majority of parents in the District do a good job, often in challenging circumstances. That's why we have adopted a Parenting Strategy (1.54MB) setting out the overall objectives of parenting provision and the levels of support that are or will be available. These range from general information through to specialist services including access to evidence based parenting programmes and courses.

Victims of Crime

Have you ever been a victim of crime? Would you like to talk to someone in confidence about the crime and how it has left you feeling?

Derbyshire Victim Services is a free and confidential service, funded by the Police and Crime Commissioner to support all victims of crime across Derby & Derbyshire to cope and recover after an offence has taken place.

There is a dedicated team of case workers for adult and young victims of crime, who are here to listen to how you have been affected. There are no time restraints for accessing support; it does not matter if the offence is recent or historic. The crime does not have to be reported to the police to access the service.

Derbyshire Victim services pport victims of crime emotionally and practically, this can be over the telephone or by meeting in person for face to face support.

If you would like to access the service please contact: 0800 612 6505 or text “CORE” to 82055. Telephone lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday 9am -1pm.

If you would like to know more about our services and have access to the internet please visit our website at www.corederbyshire.co.uk.
You can also use Twitter @derbyshire_core. Young victims of crime can also access the service via Facebook, Got Your Back and on Twitter @gotyoursocial.

There are three major facts that should be watched out for in all payday loans in the United States. In this section we give only a brief summary recommendation for admission of Cheap Levitra. Full information can be found in the instructions for receiving medications with vardenafil.

Community Safety contacts

 01246 593098

 01246 593063

 01246 593024

  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Report it online

Anti Social Behaviour

Fly Tipping

Loud Music

Loud Noises

Read it online

ASB Minimum Standards

ASB Policy

Community Safety Partnership Plan (Refresh) 2014-17

Community Trigger Application Form

Community Trigger Application Form Guidance

CSP Newsletter - summer 2016

Enforcement Policy

Parenting Strategy

Vehicle Watch 25 Plus

Latest Community Articles

Contact your councillor or MP

Enter your Postcode below:

This service is provided by writetothem.com

When is my bin collection?